Here are instructions on how to prepare your poster and an audio presentation for your ePoster. Please note the deadline for material submission (16 August 2021).
NSCMID 2021 is organized as a hybrid congress. Congress takes place at Logomo congress centre, Turku, Finland, and on a versatile virtual platform called Howspace. All participants get access to the platform before the congress and the platform stays open until 30 September 2021.
Onsite participants will provide both an ePoster and a paper poster. Online participants will provide an ePoster. The ePoster may be accompanied by a short audio presentation of a maximum of 3 minutes (optional).
Paper posters will be on display during the entire congress at the congress venue Logomo. Pins will be provided at the poster area. Poster boards will be numbered and a poster list will be available at the poster area.
ePosters and audio presentations will be uploaded on the virtual platform, to a specific ePoster room, accessible to all congress participants (also after the congress until 30 September 2021). ePosters are divided into virtual rooms according to different themes. This allows also chat conservation between congress attendees and presenters.
All abstracts will be printed in the congress book.
- Paper poster: Maximum and recommended poster size is A0 (841×1189 cm), vertical orientation / portrait.
- ePoster: 1-page PDF-file in vertical orientation / portrait. Recommended poster size is in pixel: 1080 width x 1536 height, and in cm: 38,1 width x 54,2 height. Recommended font size is ≥16.
- Audio presentation: maximum of 3 minutes video presentation to present your ePoster. Video file (mp4). Please find below instructions on how to record a presentation with PowerPoint.
Please send your ePoster (PDF) and audio presentation (MP4) by 16 August 2021 using the upload form link below:
Here are basic instructions on how to record a PowerPoint presentation with narration:
An external microphone is needed to record the audio. If not available, built‐in microphone in your laptop will work, but make sure you are in a quiet room. External microphone or headset is strongly recommended.
To show your face in the presentation, you can activate your webcamera. This will add a personal touch to your presentation, and it is therefore recommended.
Please note the following:
- Audio will NOT be recorded during slide transitions, so do not speak during transitions.
- Camera feed can overlap important information on your slide (adjust text on the slide accordingly).
- If you have videos in your presentation, please play them through completely (do not skip them while recording).
- Web camera window will also move during certain transitions, avoid such transitions, as the audio is also muted during transitions.
- Make sure the recording space is well‐lit for optimal quality.
Save and send us the presentation in MP4 video format (Save as ‐> Format). Please make sure the audio (+ video) is included in the presentation, before you send it. Kindly name your presentation as follows: NSCMID2021_Lastname_Firstname.mp4
File type: MP4
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Fonts: please use standard fonts
Submitters have been informed of acceptance on 31 May. If you have not received an email message, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The call for poster abstracts is now open. The deadline for submission is 20 May 2021 (extended deadline). All correspondence regarding the abstract will be sent to the submitter of the abstract.
- The abstract should be written in English, and the text is limited to 300 words.
- The abstract title should be in initial capital case and then lower case, not all capitals. The title should not exceed 255 characters, including spaces.
- Authors´ names should be supplied as asked for in the abstract registration form (Oxford Abstracts online submission system). All affiliations should contain institution, city, and country.
- Sub-headings (e.g. Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion) should be included. The abstract text should consist of text only (no pictures, tables, or figures).
Abstracts must be submitted via the Oxford Abstracts online submission system. Register to the Oxford Abstracts system to submit (using the submission link below).
A revision of the abstract is possible until 20 May 2021 (extended deadline). Remember to complete the abstract and answer all the required questions before the deadline. Note that uncompleted abstracts will not be reviewed. Notification of acceptance will be sent to the person submitting the abstract and to the email used to sign in to the system by 31 May 2021. If the abstract is accepted for NSCMID 2021 congress, the presenting author commits to register for the congress (onsite or online).
A limited number of NSCMID travel grants (500 EUR each) will be available for authors with an accepted poster abstract. Please tick the appropriate box on the online abstract submission form if you wish to apply for a travel grant. The decisions on the travel grants will be communicated by 31 May 2021. The grants will be paid out against receipts of acceptable costs (flight, train, and bus fares, hotel costs) after the congress.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact email@example.com and remember to quote your abstract reference number in any communication with us.
If you have any questions relating to the scientific content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org